Friday, April 21, 2017

Biography Elsie Pleasant

            I was born with neurosyphillis a disease which has left me with very harsh disabilities, I have a very hard time learning, I cannot hear and cannot speak and from time to time I have epileptic seizures. I am the oldest daughter of Henrietta and David lacks. I was sent to the crownsville hospital for the negro insane, with the diagnosis of "Idiocy". My mother was diagnosed with cancer and was sent into the hospital, they took samples from her tumor, and for some reason they say her cells are special, because they infinitely multiply, this also made her tumor horrible. The last time she saw me she was very sad, but happy to see me I guess. In my opinion my siblings should have gotten some payment or compensation for our mother, because she is special, but we are all poor and most of us are in deep poverty, which we were born into.

No comments:

Post a Comment