Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Lawrence Lacks 2017 tweets part 1

"Love going to the pier, but I hate when my eyes get itchy and swollen afterwards, #eyeinfection #swandiveoffthepier #nhshenrietta"
I posted this because it reminds me of a simpler time in my childhood.

"Trust me, trying to use a fake identification NEVER works, look at me I'm in in an army medical unit for 2 years now #nhshenrietta"
This was one mistake that ended up benefitting myself and my discipline.

"Best part about owning a convenience store is the #freecoffee #nhshenrietta"
This is just something I used to appreciate when I owned the convenience store.

"“get Joe to Clover, back to the tobacco farms, where he could hide from the law.” (Skloot, 336)
I still feel guilty #nhshenrietta"
I chose to post this because I remember the day like it was yesterday, poor Joe always had it rough.

"I would have never let Deborah get married to Cheetah in my house if I knew how he would treat her. #nhshenrietta"
Deborah has been through far too much, she should not have to suffer all the time.

"“talk to our brother Lawrence before anybody else talk to you ... If he say it’s okay, maybe then the rest of us will talk to you.” (Skloot, 359) I am glad my siblings came to me about this #NHSHenrietta"
I posted this because I feel proud that my siblings respect me enough to make sure I approve of this lady getting our mother information.

"“did you know mama’s cells gonna make Stevie Wonder see?” (Skloot, 368) unbelievable #NHSHenrietta"
it's crazy that my mother has so much fame and impact now.

"“If our mother so important to science, why can’t we get health insurance?” (Skloot, 380) #NHSHenrietta we deserve more"
 - I still beleive that they scammed us and we deserve money for mom's cells.

"@richard_telinde it is unfair that the already rich doctors get money from this and we still struggle to pay the bills #NHSHenrietta"
it still rattles me that we struggle on bills while they bask in the glory of mom's cell money.

"@richard_telinde @YouTube this is amazing, is it in real life speed? #NHSHenrietta"
I watched a video of the cells replicating and i wonder if the replicate that fast, there must be billions by now.

"@LacksZakariyya they waited too long, we're involved and we want answers #nhshentietta"
this response to my brother reflects our frustration towards our lack of understanding of whether we truely have the right to the money or not.

"@LacksSonny couldn't do it without you, they spread the word of the unfair situation we were in #NHSHenrietta"
Sonny and I made flyers to spread the word of the wrongdoings John Hopkins Hospital had done.

"Sonny Lacks: “Henrietta’s children grew up hungry. Every morning Ethel fed them each a cold biscuit that had to last them until dinner”(288)"
I retweeted this from Sonny because it's true, the Lacks family has struggled financially for a long time.

"@LacksSonny they definitely made money from it, and none of it went to us #NHSHenrietta"
this tweet expressed my frustration when I was worked up about the whole selling cells conflict.

"Family finally has say on HeLa cells' destiny - CNN.com I want you all to read this #NHSHenrietta  http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/07/health/henrietta-lacks-genetic-destiny/"
this link tells an important story of the controversy between consenting to giving your cells to research or not, I would say you should read this.




No comments:

Post a Comment