Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Dr. Geroge Gey Twitts

17) I am glad that Henrietta's "cells that were taken for cancer research 62 years ago without her knowledge and are now used in laboratories worldwide will no longer be free to use without her grandchildren's permission " 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2386617/Henrietta-Lacks-Cells-taken-cancer-research-62-years-ago-longer-free-use-grandchildrens-permission.html#ixzz4ekXBQsaD 

#NHSHerietta # Rights

16) #NHSHenrietta check it out, this YouTube video did some nice work about talking about my life. So impressed by that. (link: https://youtu.be/ch-PQAW1lHA) youtu.be/ch-PQAW1lHA


15) #RUMOR #NHSHenrietta Just like Rebecca said, I never ever made money off of HeLa! #HeLa


14) Thank you,my doctors for writing an article about the history of HeLa in order to pay my homage #NHSHenrietta and mentioned @HenriettaLacks3



13) #cancer Life will die, but knowledge won't. #NHSHenrietta #HeLa


12) #NHSHenrietta #lovelife @Margaret_Gey Dear, it is time to give credit to Henrietta. The respectful lay deserve that. #HeLa


11) #NHSHenrietta #cancersurvivor wanna be one of them and get back to work...



10) #NHSHenrietta Please, I beg you, my fellow colleagues, take the cells immortal from me as samples.


Response  @Margaret_Gey
My dear, thank you so much for your effort.

Response to @marykubicekNHS
Thank you for still remebering me.

Response to @HenriettaLacks3
Do u feel better? I am Dr.Gey who visit u in hospital today. Hope u will feel better.


9) I told Henietta her cells were going to “help save the lives of countless people.” today. Let's bless this tough lady🙏🏻 @HenriettaLacks3#NHSHenrietta#cancer


8) Thankful for the TV show in Baltimore to give me a chance to give the audience an “overview of cell structure and cancer.”#NHSHenrietta


7) "Henrietta’s cells double in size every morning!!!!!!!!!" That's so impressing!!! Let's see how it will go.#NHSHenrietta


6) Just take a moment to enjoy my roller-tube culturing technique here. Bravo! #NHSHenrietta


5) 😕Oh god, my wife hired an woman again to clean the lab...is that because she is a surgical nurse? #nurselife



4) @marykubicekNHS please explain to me why you seems unenthusiastic today after I gave u Henrietta's cell.



3) GOT SOME FANTASTIC TISSUE from Dr. Lawrence Wharton Jr today! Everything is on the right track.



2) “In 1943, a group of researchers had done so with mouse cell”!I definitely will start my hand on it. @richard_telinde#life



 Response to @richard_telinde
Yah, sure. I will email you my free time, and you can come to my lab.


1) #NHSHenrietta Ultimate goal: to grow the first immortal human cells, ones which would divide forever.


Reflection:
Because there are not many saying from Gey that what he was thinking about, I add some personality on him. As the result, I turn him become a person who did not care about whether give the credit to Henrietta or not at first until a person who would like to share this honor with her. However, from the anger of Henrietta's family, I sincerely feel the importance of being ethically right. Every researcher or scientist are not only researcher or scientist, the most significantly, they are all human being. Therefore, taking others cell without getting the consent from them or crediting them will not only hurt their families feeling, but also betray the rule as a person. What my character did remind me the seriousness of doing citation. Sometimes, I will be too lazy to put all the citation, however, after reading this book, I realize that citation is a way you can show your respect and thanks to the author.

Work Cited:
 Skloot, Rebecca. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. New York: Broadway, 2017. Print.
 "Geroge Gey", Marina Fishman, https://youtu.be/ch-PQAW1lHA, 02/28/16 "http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2386617/Henrietta-Lacks-Cells-taken-cancer-research-62-years-ago-longer-free-use-grandchildrens-permission.html, Youtube "woman's cells that were taken for cancer research 62 years ago without her knowledge and are now used in laboratories worldwide will no longer be free to use without her grandchildren's permission", Reuter Reporter, 08/07/2013,http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2386617/Henrietta-Lacks-Cells-taken-cancer-research-62-years-ago-longer-free-use-grandchildrens-permission.html, dailymails .

No comments:

Post a Comment