Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Dr. Howard Jones 2017

Thank you for helping me found, the Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine, Georgeanna. #nhshenrietta #Reproductive #medicine

- I founded the Jones institute for Reproductive medicine with my wife. This led to many discoveres.

Hela cells basic info and importance:
accessscience.com/content/import…
#nhshenrietta #HeLa

- I thought the world needed to know about the accomplishments of HeLa cells and out research with them.

@richard_telinde and I warned every patient about fertility loss. #nhshenrietta #equality

- Henrietta claimed that she would have not gone through with treatment if she had known about how it could lead to fertility loss. I want it to be known that I and my colleagues informed her.

HeLa cells have led to many scientific breakthroughs and saved so many lives. #nhshenrietta #HeLa

-I want everyone to know the significance of HeLa cells, and how they have helped the community. I got image from:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeLa
I thought the image was relevant because it shows the shape of HeLa cells.

You signed a consent form that said, “I hereby give consent to the staff of The Johns Hopkins Hospital..."(758). #NHSHenrietta

-I responded to Henrietta who said she did not give any consent at all, which in fact she did.

Yes the classifying and characterizing of cervical cancer is an important issue. We need to convince others at this debate. #NHSHenrietta

-I responded to my colleague who was talking about a debate we were to attend. I wanted to emphasize the importance and reason for the debate.

I was asked about diagnosing Henrietta, here is an excerpt of how I responded. (456) #NHSHenrietta #itwashard (Picture of quote from me).

- I wanted to express my reaction and my diagnosis of Henrietta.

My journal about Obstetrics and Gynecology.
journals.lww.com/greenjournal/P…
#NHSHenrietta #misdiagnosis

- I wanted to share my hard work. Also I think my work is informative. I wrote misdiagnosis because it explains why I misdiagnosed Henrietta, although if she was diagnosed correctly it would not have changed the treatment she received.

I never gave Henrietta's medical records to anyone! Michael Gold is a lier. #nhshenrietta

- Michael Gold said that either one of my colleagues or I gave out Henrietta's medical records. I
would like this to be known as a fallacy.

Important information that could concern my patients. cancer.org/cancer/cervica…
#NHSHenrietta

- I tweeted this because I thought the article would be relevant to my patients.

"It's malignant" (155) @HenriettaLacks3 #cancer #badnews #imsosorry #NHSHenrietta

- I am expressing the severity of th  diagnosis of Henrietta again to her, just as I did on the phone.

@richard_telinde and I have found out that 62% of women with invasive cancer had carcinoma in situ. #NHSHenrietta #cervicalcancer

- I am showing an important connection between diseases that my colleague and I have discovered. This could mean that one leads to the other.

Doctors that ignore this data are killing their patients!! (153). So glad we found this out! #NHSHenrietta

- I am responding to my colleague's tweet, about our discovery. I am saying that patients could die if this is not taken into consideration by their doctors.

What qualifies as cervical cancer? #NHSHenrietta

- My colleague and I are debating what qualifies as cervical cancer with a larger group.

“Epidermoid carcinoma of the cervix, stage 1" (142). Is the official diagnosis I received. #NHSHenrietta

- This is my official diagnosis of Henrietta.

After "a thousand cervical cancer lesions (I'd) never (seen)anything like this" (105). I'm sorry about this Henrietta. #tumor #NHSHenrietta

- I am showing how different Henrietta's case was, and how hard it was to diagnose.
























No comments:

Post a Comment