Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Dr.Howard Jones 2017


 One of the arguments against giving people legal ownership of their tissues is summarized in the following quote from David Korn, vice provost for research at Harvard University: “I think people are morally obligated to allow their bits and pieces to be used to advance knowledge to help others. Since everybody benefits, everybody can accept the small risks of having their tissue scraps used in research.” 

In response to this I want to agree in that it should not be a big deal if someone's cells are used to save people's lives. I do agree based on my morals. As a doctor I believe in what is best for saving more lives. If saving someone's life can be obtained through use of someone's cells they/ their family should not ask for compensation. They are already being compensated morally because he/she is saving lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment